July 24, 2008

We were made to sit through a lecture today on Fire Safety and Prevention. Its an interesting discussion...if the contents of a Portable Fire Extinguisher turns you on. Otherwise, its the same series of pretty boring lectures.

But fire safety and prevention is important, especially since I'm going to be working in the kitchen soon. But having to sit through a harrowing lecture won't make things any easier or interesting at the least.

Anyway, I got to know a bit about some of my classmates, and I did have new acquaintances for the pastry class (I'm holding on to the notion that having friends in pastry will be good for me in the future when we do start eating). I have a classmate who lives a block away from my house. Talk about coincidence! I have another classmate who is a jazz player in a band. Now how cool is that?! I guess meeting new people and making friends was the high point of my day.

I'm excited about tomorrow in a geeky, unusual kind of way. Its the fire drills. I'm really back in school...

No comments: