May 11, 2006

Prologue : I Have A Disease

"I suffer from Quarterlife Crisis". I've read somewhere that the first step to curing a disease is by admitting that you are suffering from a disease in the first place. There, i've said it, and i'll say it once more for good measure - "I suffer from Quarterlife Crisis". How do I know I have it? I have all the symptoms - Feelings of inadequacy from my current state, believing that there is a better life for me than what i'm living right now, feelings of alienation from my peers, among others.

I'm treating this blog as my therapy, my prescription drug, and my shock treatment all rolled into a neat little package. There are only two possible outcomes that can happen - one is that i'll get out of this rut, and find my redemption, the other is that i'll further sink into depression, and have to make friends with a good psychiatrist. Hey, i'm all for self-therapy at the moment.

This blog is an account of my journey to get through this phase. Call it a mildly psychotic person's travellog. I'm going to immerse myself in experiences that might help me or unnerve me, either way, at least i'm gonna try.

Now, i'm pretty sure that i'm not the only one suffering from this. I know of friends and friends of friends who have the same condition, but don't know they have it. If you're a quarterlifer like me, and you happen to stumble upon this blog...then stick around. Maybe this could also turn into a group therapy session.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Galing mo magsulat, Rain! Your blog, writing, and insights are very very honest and really strikes a raw nerve. Hope blogging helps you get through this quarterlife journey --- am sure you'll get to help someone out there.

Anonymous said...

haha! rain..kasama ba ako sa mga "friends of friends.."? hehehe..don't worry! i think that ur 'crisis' is normal..i mean..if its not..then i guess..pareho tau abnormal..shoot im not making sense! haha! anyway..keep on writing stuff here..ill do my best to read them often..i always considered u as my "more communicative" version..basically, what im unable to express..u can aptly describe in words..hehe! til next time! good luck..hope someone notices ur writing..and gives u a contract for a book..haha! tapos ako ung side kick writer! hehehehe!