May 12, 2006

In A Nutshell - Chapter 1

This is me in a nutshell. I'm 22 years old, but I feel like i'm 30. I worry about things people my age don't necessarily worry about at the moment - how much money do I have in my bank account, will I ever get married, did I forget to turn off the lights when I left the house. I work as a Brand Assistant in the Marketing department of a reputable company. While I can say that the job I have is ok, its not great. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I have a job. How many newbies out there even hold a job that they studied 4 years for in college? What I'm saying is that I'm not satisfied. I believe that something great is ahead of me.

As I get older physically, I've discovered myself to have developed a kind of restless streak. I want to do a lot of things with my life -put up a business, see the world, experience new things, meet people. Something I was not able to do much of given my structured lifestyle. There are times when I'm sitting at my desk then I just think out loud to myself, "What am I doing here?". Then for 5 seconds, I try to muster up the courage to drop everything I'm holding and just leave. Then it dissipates. It suddenly hits me - I just can't do it. I'm 22 years old and I feel chained!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it hit me hard when you said that you feel you worry so much about stuffs that most people your age does not. Im totally the same. at the age of 18, i struggled on my own and lived on my own, at 21 i got engaged, at 22 i got married and expecting a baby. Crazy isn't it? when friends my age like my bestfriend leda tells me stories about what she's been doing, where she's been hangin out, people she's meeting. i feel im missing so much by choosing to live the life i am currently living. i often feel that i could have done so much more and i would have been in a lot better situation. but as i think of it more, i realize that maybe this is what God wanted for me... and now that im going to be a mom, i now feel that being a mom, carrying this kid in my tummy is worth all of the stuffs that i think i missed and would have enjoyed... heh3! ganun tlga! sometimes you want what you want pero kahit anong pilit mo it just doesnt happen. maybe this is the life that is for me... dibale... i dream also about starting my own business so my time wil be my own and that i could spend my time with my kid diba? tayo na lang magtayo ng business. heh3!