September 8, 2008

I've been trying to make a habit out of cooking at home whenever the weekend rolls by. Weekends are pretty much the only free time I have from the busy week at school, so I try to make the most out of it by practicing my would-be craft. Anyway, I prepared a couple of things over the weekend. Last Saturday, I made a Pesto sauce and a Pesto Butter. I didn't know that pine nuts were expensive, until someone pointed out that we didn't harvest pine nuts in the Philippines, so there you go. Anyway, I think I made a good pesto, since my mom couldn't get enough of the pesto butter I made. Yesterday, I tried my hand on Minestrone Soup, which was the highlight of my week. Before I started school, I didn't even know the ingredients to making minestrone, yet here I was yesterday, chopping up all these vegetables. This was the first time I felt confident in my cooking skills. I was like, if I can cook minestrone, I can cook anything. Today, I made pasta with the left over pesto from Saturday and I'm going to be cooking a Swedish dish called Pork Emincer for dinner. I'm turning out to be quite the week-end cook, and I'm very very happy.

No comments: