July 17, 2006

Today is officially my 6th month on the job! This was quite an achievement for me considering my track record at holding jobs. Here are the numbers: 3 months at Kimberly-Clark (This was an on-the-job training stint) 1 week at New World Renaissance Hotel (I felt a little bad about leaving this one, maybe I should have given this job a chance and seen what I would have turned out to be), and 4 1/2 months at Sony Philippines. I think I was a nomad in my past life! What were my motivations for leaving back then? I can vaguely remember, but I'm sure that it was the right decision when I made it. I guess i'm the type of person who's never satisfied with myself and what I do. I've always held on to the belief that there's something better out there for me to do. I also think that i'm still too young to be held down by a regular job that could keep me from experiencing life, and living it to the fullest. But I digress, you should congratulate me, for lasting longer in a job than I ever did! Now on to my next goal: Lasting another 6 months!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things...

First, I read somewhere (yes, I do read once in a while) that if a person with high potential decides to leave his job, the first factor management should look at is the employee's superior. Agree. No matter how your job sucks, if you've got a good boss, let me change that, if you've got a GREAT BOSS, there's a really big chance you'd stay.

Second, I'm sure you are where you are now not so much because you're enjoying what you're doing but because of the cool people you're with. I hear there's this really cool dude who could be actually become your best buddy (clue: he's from a different floor).

Congratulations on your first half year. Another 6 would make it 12. (and it all ends there...hehehehe)

P.S.
I think people who have managed to put up with you for the past 6 deserve an R&R courtesy of you.

Angas!

The Northerner said...

I do agree with you on these points. The major reason why I believe I made it 6 months relatively unscathed is because of the people I work with. The job that I currently have may not be the one I envisioned myself doing, but having good people around makes it bearable, enjoyable even.

Anonymous said...

it doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop..

Anonymous said...

so its actually enjoyable? and here i thought u spend u d day counting down the minutes before you get to leave and walk under the rain once more :p i salute ur candor and here's to greener pastures (whether this entails a different geographical site or not) :)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! schill &aposs humidifier service merchant accounts Christian-based cruises to alaska Jameson jenna nude Data entry barcode readers

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »