July 10, 2006

Stress Distress
Its that time of the year in the office I'm already beginning to hate...Marketing Planning season! I can feel the stress seeping into me. I can already foresee the longer hours at the office, the lost weekends, the endless revisions, and thoughts of cold-blooded murder! Once again, my resolve will be tested. We'll see who wins out. I hope it does'nt end like the last one.
I don't enjoy the company of stress, I despise stress. The mere thought of stress already stresses me out. Right now, I know I'm stressed. Here are the signs: I've got a marble sized pimple on my eyebrow, i'm having sleepless nights, everything I eat tastes bland, I don't feel like doing anything productive/creative, and I feel a rage inside me I can't express. And its during these times when different thoughts run through me, most of them pitiful, selfish, and self-serving.
People have varying levels of feeling stress. I've figured early on that its pretty easy to stress me out. My threshhold for is weak. I sure that i'm not as stressed out as some of my peers are, but to me, stress is stress regardless of the amount of stress one feels.

1 comment:

gillboard said...

such is the life of a young urban professional!!!