January 27, 2010

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"

I love that quote from the movie American Beauty. It somehow gives a person the hope that no matter how shitty your life turns out to be, the following day will always hold the promise of a better outcome. Inspiring eh?

So I'm going to visit my girlfriend today. Its a much needed and welcome distraction from the past couple of days. We're probably just going to hang out and plan the day as we go along, which should be good for me right now cause it was planning ahead that got me into this predicament in the first place. I'm up for a little spontaneity right now.

I cooked dinner last night too. It definitely got my mood better cause cooking is one activity where you have control over things. Portion size, taste, ingredients, temperature - everything depends on your discretion. I made Pasta Arrabiatta and Pan Fried Dory Fillets. It turned out to be a good, hearty, and flavorful meal for the family, and I'm planning to prepare dinner more often. My culinary degree might as well be good for something and benefit my family right?

This is probably going to be my only post for today. But its better than nothing at all right? I'm optimistic about today, I feel its going to be one for the books. :)

No comments: