January 26, 2010

I was the recipient of disappointing news yesterday. I found out that I didn't get the job I was praying and hoping for since I got back from the States. I'm depressed and hurt about it because I thought I already had it in the bag, that it was a sure thing. Only the tables turned on me. Right now, I don't feel like doing much. I know I'll get over it soon, but the wound is still pretty raw. I'll bounce back from it, thats for sure. I'm going to get back into my groove before you know it, and I'll be up and about in no time. I've been repeating the overused cliches "Maybe it wasn't for me" and "I'll find something better" and "Its just not in the cards right now" and "things could be worse" in my head. But despite trying to make myself feel good about what happened, the news was still a bit painful to take in. Thank God that I have the most wonderful girlfriend who is standing by my side and remains very supportive despite of me. I love you so much!

Enough of the drama though. Hey, the blog is up again. Now that I'm officially considering myself to be part of the jobless statistic, I might as well make the most of out this state by being productive. And what better way to become productive than to update this blog, which no one will read. Don't get me wrong, blogging isn't the only activity I'll do in order to consider myself productive. I'm still going to try to look for a job, try my hand at setting up my own operation, try to write the next great Filipino novel (after Noli Me Tangere...good luck), anything to keep me busy and keep my mind off the dark thoughts. In the end, what I hope to be able to say for myself is that "Hey, maybe being jobless isn't such a bad thing." and "I made the most out of being without a job." Good luck to me and good luck to anyone who accidentally stumbles upon this blog. Cause the sarcasm is back with a vengeance and I don't think its going to be taking a break anytime soon.

No comments: