November 10, 2006

A BOOK THAT WILL HOPEFULLY CHANGE MY LIFE
Here's the book I've been raving about for the past couple of entries. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

I can compare it to JD Salinger's The Catcher And The Rye in a modern (early 90's) setting, given an MTV-esque twist. Its basically a coming of age story of a young boy (I would say young man, given the level of his introspectiveness) who is described to be a wallflower, going on a journey of self-discovery. I found this book to be very moving and relevant to my life. If only everyone would have the chance to read this book at an early age, the world would probably be a better off place (Ha!, hows that for a testimonial).

Thanks to the people who forced me to read this book, it turned out to be a very reflective and hopefully, life-changing experience for me reading it.

1 comment:

pouty said...

Glad you liked it as much (or even more!) than i did. Based on Pam's stories about you, I had a feeling this book would speak to you. Takes one wallflower to know another. :)