April 22, 2009

My chef gave me hell today. For almost a week now, I've been assigned as one of the class leaders in the kitchen. One of my responsibilities is to make sure that the mise en place is in place (i'm being redundant - mise en place literally translates to "everything in its place" - hence, the redundancy). When you say mise en place, it involves having everything to do with cooking ready and available, from the ingredients down to the tools and utensils to be used. Today was just one of those days when everything you set out to do suddenly f*cks up for no reason whatsoever. That's behind me now. I just have one more kitchen day to go for the rest of the week, then I'm out.

3 comments:

lady.morena84 said...

hey! take it easy!...as you have said.."you've got only a day to go"..hheheh..good luck!

The Northerner said...

Yes, the week is finally over. I managed to survive, thanks!

Alex said...

That's because you've always been the responsible one. People can see through the "suckers" in life (people who are very willing and are usually really good people). Not to worry, you're not the only sucker around. :)