June 9, 2008

I recently acquired a new hobby that's been keeping busy these days. I've taken up gardening, or more specifically...herbal gardening. I'm slowly taking over my mom's garden to make way for my herbs. Where once there were bromeliads and ferns, now there are heads of dill and plots of basil. My lemon mints and pepper mints have started to look like twisted masses of growth. I'm also growing sage, oregano, parsley, rosemary, lavender, stevia, and, and rauram. I'm obsessing over these plants of mine to the point that I water them at exactly 6:30 AM, on the dot. A good chunk of my afternoons are spent tending to them, pruning the dying leaves and the wild plants that grow around my herbs. I've gone to the point of getting ground coffee beans over at Starbuck's (which they give away for free, by the way) to pour over the soil. My small piece of the garden literally smells of mint, basil, and freshly brewed coffee. Thankfully, none of my plants have yet to croak on me, which means that i'm probably doing something right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant!! and if you need ground coffee beans, the cafe produces quite a a bag full daily. it's not starbucks but at least i can deliver! haha! i hope you don't get too attached to your flavorful floras that when the time comes to pick, you won't mind the herbal massacre!

Pam said...

Ahahahahaaaaa!!!! Rain!!!! You are too cute and funny!!! Grabe, ang tiyaga mo! Now I know where to get herbs! Wish you were my neighbor! I so envy your life right now. So productive yet so relaxing!

Pam said...

Rain, This entry created another train of thought in my already heavily trafficked gray matter. I just realized that your new lifestyle is very similar to people who have retired. You are truly an old soul trapped in a quarter lifer's body!