May 30, 2008

Today is officially the first day that I no longer belong to the nation's workforce. Yes, I quit my job and served my last 30 days in the office. How do I feel now that I'm no longer a corporate drone? Honestly, its bittersweet, but the sweet overpowers the bitter. The factor thats making me feel bitter was the money that i'm no longer going to earn. But as I think about it now, if this was my main motivation for staying at my desk job, is it really worth doing? Whatever happened to passion or doing something you really love, at the expense of making money? If the only reason I stayed at my job for 2 and half years was for the money, and nothing else - don't you find that pathetic? I did. Thats why I decided to grow the cojones and leave.

But enough of that. I mentioned that the sweet part of leaving the job overpowers the bitter. I'm excited about the future, I really am. I'm going back to school in a month and a half, and I'm looking forward to it. Until that day comes, i'm just going to be floating around. I can now focus on myself more and touch base with people I've been missing. I'm finally on that road that will hopefully lead me to a happier place, where the passion is burning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i used to think that you were one of those people who felt that wealth meant having it all...i'm glad you proved me wrong...you should be the poster boy for yuppies the world over...clap clap clap!!!!