March 21, 2007

BKK CRAZY


March 1 - 7:10 AM, outside the Centennial Terminal
I'm already here at the airport. Sometimes it sucks to be the early bird. No, you don't always catch the worm, sometimes you wait...for a long time. I don't remember setting an 8 AM meeting time with Pam yesterday. So here I am, about an hour early, standing right outside, taking in the Manila air, while writing at the same time.
I know for a fact that Pam is still at home right now. I called her on her cellphone and I can hear the tricycles breezing past in the background. She's probably waiting for her boytoy to pick her up. :) As for Mike, hell, I don't know where Mike is. Hopefully, he's on his way basing from the fact that among the 3 of us, he's the one who lives closest to the airport.

The minor hitch of being early (once again) notwithstanding, I am psyched to be going to Bangkok. This was a trip that took a year to plan. Finally, the stars aligned and all the hitches were ironed out - We're finally going! I'm betting that this trip will be one for the books. I can feel it.












9:40 AM, near the Duty Free shops

We're about to board in a few minutes. Mike, not surprisingly, arrived last. Pam and I went ahead to check in and we just asked the lady at the counter to reserve Mike a seat. We went around the airport's measly version of a Duty Free, which we were able to complete in 5 minutes, and when Mike finally joined us, we went looked around some more. But I won't complain. I feel too good to be let down by our excuse of an airport. This is the first international trip I'll be taking that I paid for with my own money. Add the fact that I'll be spending time with good friends. Nothing will let me down today.










12:00 NN, Mid-air


We're about halfway through the flight now. I just finished my meal of "pork with rice", at least thats how the attendant called it. "Barely Edible" is what I would call it. It didn't look like pork to me. The headache I had from take-off has thankfully, subsided.
The trip already has the makings of a classic. The insults have already begun, laughter follows shortly. I've been jeered at by both Pam and Mike for my controversial blog entry (its gone by the way). We've been teasing Pam with her boyfriend (which I hope does not get to read this blog). All of this during the first hour we've been together!


Wow, people seem to be in a peeing mood right now. Its Pam's 3rd trip to the lavatory already. I tell both of them that I've never used the toilet in a plane before. They give me weird looks. Hopefully, I get to experience using the plane's toilet for the first time during this trip.


The new James Bond flick is on the screen right now. I would be watching it if I wasn't too giddy & excited. Mike's been reading the same magazine over and over. So with Pam's full bladder, Mike's compulsive reading, and my constant fidgeting, you could say that we all are excited for this trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More! More!

Anonymous said...

i can just imagine the antics!