January 31, 2008

I don't know if the people here in the office have started to notice, but i've started to become more carefree with things related to work nowadays. Maybe its this nagging feeling that I have that whatever i'm doing now won't matter to me in a few months time. Its given me this devil may care attitude that quite honestly suits me well. Don't get me wrong, its not that i've become a non-performing asset here in the workplace because i'm not - I still get things done. I'm still the earliest to arrive in my department for most of the working week, I still submit my reports way ahead of the deadline, and I'm still working on a number of launches. More importantly, my boss still trusts me to get things done. On my part, however, I just feel like i'm going through the motions. I'm honestly just counting down the days until I turn in my resignation letter and move on to bigger things. And I think the boredom is starting to manifest itself physically. I've been taking longer lunch breaks, going home earlier, and using up my leaves for no reason at all. The mere fact that i'm blogging on company time is proof enough of how bored I am here. Its personnel evaluation season right now, and frankly, I don't even care if I get a high or low score for my rating. That's how indifferent I am nowadays. Am I such a bad employee? If you were my boss, would you fire me? To tell you the truth, I have played different scenarios in my head picturing myself being fired and being instructed to clear my desk. And for some strange reason, I feel good right after. I don't know...I'm weird that way.

No comments: